Saturday, October 23, 2010

Faux Book-box



I started out making a squishy book, with a plastic container as a size guide but that idea morphed into a cover for this ex-fishing hook box. I stitched individual cover panels & a spine panel in the brown, then I created the sides in a long strip decreasing width to fit the latch and hinges in off-white. Then I stitched it all together using a wool needle, and gave the top its white side. To help it all stay together I poked strategic holes in the plastic box so I could sew the crochet panels in place, and who doesn't love playing with candles, bobby pins and plastic?
It's not quite finished, but at least that is the majority of one Christmas present down!




And for someone who had about three colours of wool to her name before two weeks ago, I'm doing pretty well, don't you think?

No comments: