Friday, January 28, 2011

Tetris has my heart.


I love the look of black aida, but I didn't really like the finished look with this piece, it just didn't pop properly. Pattern is the same one for my previous tetris heart, which when I'm not half asleep and on my slow computer I might even link to -- but I enlarged each block to be 4 instead of 2, making it bigger.
I outlined everything and put some detail into each block using a shiny white thread, which was an absolute pain to back stitch, let me tell you. Totally best off using a shorter piece of thread than you usually might to stop it getting tangled.



A photo of the white shiny detailing.



And showing off my macro setting on my camera, an obscene close up!

3 comments:

Karyn said...

That is such a cool effect with the white floss.

SilverMoon Dragon said...

That pattern on a cushion would look perfect on my couch when I finally finish my tetris lapghan... hmmm...

bikyclist said...

The shiny white detailing threads are the only redeeming thing about this right now -- apparently I have something against pastels lately :)

SilverMoon Dragon, that sounds like that would be TOTALLY AWESOME. I'm trying to get up the courage to start a lapghan too, but its so much work, and I get distracted! lol